The Toronto Soccer Association is very pleased to announce that we have appointed Amato DeLuca as our Referee Development Coordinator.
Amato brings a wealth of officiating, instructing and assessing experience to the role and we look forward to working with him on the education, development and advancement of referees within the TSA District.
This new position has been created in order to prioritize the education and development of referees within the TSA District.
Amato brings a wealth of experience as a former FIFA assistant referee and National referee and is currently a TSA assignor, MLS instructor and a FIFA/MLS assessor.
The role itself has a wide variety of development focused elements such as:
- Organize District hosted Small Sided Game and Entry Level OSA clinics
- Organize annual fitness testing sessions as required
- Facilitate and deliver regular meetings with TSA Club Head Referee group
- Design and implement “Grading Advancement programs” to address areas of weakness
- Communicate and motivate the referees within the District to climb the grading ladder
- High level oversight of the assigning of referees- direct input in assignment of “high level” games and for those referees seeking upgrading/ advancement.
- Maintain the grading of Toronto based referees, and liaise with TSA Chief Assignor to ensure adherence to current OSA protocol
- Identify and resolve any significant referee education issues.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the OSA and all stakeholders involved in promoting referee development within the District, and its Leagues
- Distribute information sent by the OSA/ District to match officials and Club Head Referees
Amato will take up the role on Monday March 21st, and can be contacted via email at RefDevelopment@torontosoccer.net
We look forward to working with Amato to build a development pathway for referees within our District.